4 Reasons Why Outsourcing Sales Is The Winning Formula For Startups
If you’re running a start-up, you know there’s not a lot of room for error. In the early stages of the game, resources are limited and a failure to maximize what you have could put your new company in dire straights in short order.
The unfortunate reality is 80% of all new businesses fail within the first 18 months.
Why do they fail? VisualCapitalist cites cash flow problems as the number one reason business reach an early demise.
Or simply put, they had more money going out than they had coming in.
Most of the time founders and their teams spend the vast majority of their time and internal resources with their offering, not fully realizing possible cash flow problem until it’s too late.
So the question is, how do you make the most of your internal resources and still work towards sustained growth?
The answer, outsourcing.
Regardless of what you’ve been lead to believe, angel investors and early stage VC’s fund less than 1% of all startups. Fact is, 57% are funded by credit cards and personal loans. Another 38% of startups ask for small loans from family and friends.
If you’re one of these types of business, your objectives are simple
- Launch your product and/or service as soon as possible
- Bring in revenue as quickly as possible.
- Reduce overhead and maximizing profits as much as possible
Grow Revenue and Reduce Overhead by Outsourcing Sales
Growth is the primary objective of every company. Regardless of its revenue growth or sales growth, growth needs to be your main objective from the beginning. But many times cash-strapped companies don’t have the cash they need to build a fully managed sales team. That’s where sales outsourcing can truly be a game-changer.
For start-ups, outsourcing sales simply makes good sense for the following reasons:
- Timing – For startups or established businesses looking to test new products and markets, outsourcing allows for a very quick transition to a fully trained, experienced and cohesive sales team.
- Recruitment – With unemployment at an all time low, it’s becoming more and more expensive to locate and compensate the outstanding talent you need to grow your business. Additionally, with recruitment for good salespeople at an all-time high, companies are constantly in danger of losing qualified talent. Sales Outsourcing Organizations are not only much more cost-effective, they are not as susceptible to recruitment from the competition, which allows you to build a more experienced and stable workforce.
- Costs – It goes without saying that outsourcing reduces spending, it’s the number one reason companies outsource. In fact, a recent study found that companies save an astonishing 60% annually by outsourcing.
- Management – Sales Outsourcing Organizations come to the table with a number of successful sales models. Included in these models are clearly defined quotas and KPI’s which are reported to you on a regular basis giving you a very clear understanding of how they are performing and where improvements need to be made. They manage everything in that process including recruitment, hiring, benefits, workspaces, internet and more.
Outsourcing your sales simply makes good business sense. Outside of reducing overhead and improving cash-flow, it benefits start-up companies by allowing them to scale at will and prospect into new and potentially profitable markets without spending a lot of money.
Ready to accelerate your growth though outsourced sales? Click here for a free quote.